2015, bring it on! Seriously I have been waiting for a new year since about June.
Some parts of 2014 were wonderful and magical but a whole lot of it was kick in your pants drudgery and just when you thought you were done being kicked it happened some more. So there will be no looking back round up of 2014.
I’m all about the future!
So my big goals for 2015
- Patterns – this is going to be a big year of patterns. The lingerie line is being expanded, the Basics Collection has some fantastic wardrobe staples being added. There will be at least 2 more ranges being introduced this year and extras on top of that. All very exciting.
- Coats – yes it’s hot and steamy right now in Sydney and yet I’m researching coats. As many of you know we alternate our Christmas’s. One here in Australia and one in England. All going well 2015 is English Christmas and that means cold weather. My winter coat is old and shabby looking and The Englishman needs one. So new coats all round.
- Embrace new fabrics, colours and silhouettes. It’s fair to say I own more than my fair share of pretty fit and flare dresses. And I love them, but I also want to wear other stuff. So this year I’m going to investigate different silhouettes and shapes and maybe even use a non patterned fabric! I’ve also got some special technical fabrics I’m looking to use and I’m currently in love with lace so expect to see some of that popping up too.
- Stash bust – am going big this time. Going to clean out a bunch of stuff and sell it, donate it or just plain old give it away. I need less “stuff” and some of this fabric is never going to get made up so its better that it is going to go.
- Boundaries – this is a big one, but I’m not doing alterations for people this year. I love being thought of as useful and stupidly offer all the time. Reality is I’m too busy and I’m lazy, so it never gets done and then I feel guilty and it all ends up in a mess. So this year boundaries are being set and I’m going to practise saying no.
- Drawing – for pure joy of it, I am going back to fashion illustrations. I do all my garment drawings on the computer but almost stopped hand drawing a few years back when my RSI/Carpel tunnel got really bad. It however is going well so I’m going back to drawing. I’m thinking mix of hand and computer drawing to help protect my wrist. I expect the drawings to be terrible but the experience to be wonderful so that’s pretty much a WIN.
- Work on my health and fitness. Now don’t worry this isn’t about to become a fitness blog. It’s just one of my goals and you might see an occasional scenic photo from a run turn up on instagram. After being sick last year and having a lot of stress it’s left me carrying more weight than is healthy for me. So I’m working on it and if I write it down here then it gives me yet more incentive to make it happen.