I had a lot of fun doing the sewalongs for the knickers during Everyone deserves pretty Knickers week.
It also taught me a lot. How to take photos to show the techniques, what fabrics work (or don’t work) and the need to actually be able to see the stitching.
However I don’t want to just rely on what I think is a good solution. So I’m going to throw some questions out there and hope that you all have some time to pop a quick comment on the blog so I can combine my ideas with your ideas and come up with a good solution.
- do you like sewalongs?
- if a sewalong was posted in one go would that be good? or do you prefer stage by stage?
- for faster projects is it better to be a step a day and finish within only a few days or one step per week over a few weeks?
- do you mind if your blog reader has sewalong posts in it or would you prefer them in a separate stream you can choose to subscribe to?
- white backgrounds for photos or it doesn’t matter?
- does contrast coloured thread make you break out in hives or is it better to see the details with?
Is there anything I’ve missed out? Seriously throw your ideas out there, sewalongs are for you so I want to make sure I come up with the system that suits you the most.
Thanks for taking the time to comment and help come up with a solution!