Fabric a Brac – Sydney

What a great day! I’m exhausted but it was so much fun.

Fabric a brac brings sewers wanting to reduce their stash and sewers who want some fabric together.

Fabric-a-Brac_Sydney_May_2014 - 24

This was my first time either attending or being a stall holder and I was glad that I had set myself strict rules on not buying fabric as there was so much that was so tempting!

Fabric-a-Brac_Sydney_May_2014 - 12

Fabric-a-Brac_Sydney_May_2014 - 19

Fabric-a-Brac_Sydney_May_2014 - 22

It was fantastic to see so many friendly faces with Catherine, Melanie and Amy all dropping by to say hello as well as meeting plenty of new people too.

I came home with less than I went with, so I was extremely happy about that.

Fabric-a-Brac_Sydney_May_2014 - 02

This little guy might have been my favourite customer of the day.

sausage dog

11 Comment

1. Claire says:

It looked a great day and I want some of those fabrics. I tried to get there but couldn’t shoehorn it between other commitments. Next year – unless perhaps they might do it twice a year??? Thanks for posting about this.

2. Claire says:

Sorry if this comment repeats… I think the previous one disappeared. It does look a great day and a cool event. I did try to get there but couldn’t manage it. Next year? Or might they do this every six months? Thanks for posting about this.

1. Susan Goodwin says:

Hi, I think a few people couldn’t make it with different events being on. There was talk that it might be on every 6 months or so which would be really great as it was a nice sewing day out.

3. Jodie says:

I specifically didn’t come so I wouldn’t leave with any more fabric. It looked so great though! I hope you got to destash enough to make a bit of space and to make your day worthwhile.

1. Susan Goodwin says:

I came home with less than I went with so I was very happy indeed, there certainly was much that was tempting so brave move staying away

4. I so wanted to come but had too many events on Saturday to make the time. Next time I’ll def be there and say hi!

1. Susan Goodwin says:

I hope there is a next time, it was certainly very fun and lovely to see so many sewers

5. Kristy says:

Good on you for coming home with les than you took, your willpower must be strong!

1. Susan Goodwin says:

No I cheated and took a friend with me and gave her my money so I couldn’t buy anything! there was plenty of lovely stuff there but I’m hoping discipline and plenty of sewing will mean I gain such much needed space soon.

6. Catherine says:

im a week late in commenting but this years was awesome! so glad to have shopped my heart out and then had someone to chat with! xo

1. Susan Goodwin says:

the fabric you got was amazing and then we had a chat and a cup of tea, was just perfect!

Comments are closed.