Sydney Sewists Meet Up

How great was the Sydney Sewist meet up on Saturday? so much fun!

syd_social

SydneySewistsMarch2014_MeasureTwiceCutOnce

It was so good to finally put faces to names and spend hours just chatting. Despite a momentary panic just before I arrived it was all good (not sure what I was worried about? it’s not like someone was going to stab us with their dressmaking scissors or anything like that!).

We talked about sewing, our favourite patterns and fabrics, the sad state of politics and journalism in Australia, the quality and cleanliness of public toilets across the world. Who had the cutest sewing cat (my mini was getting a lot of votes for that one, awww). No topic was off limits for our lunchtime chat!

The food was delicious, there was as very small scramble to check out the fabric swap and then the weather even held off raining for our walk down to Tessuti and across to The Fabric Store. Here much planning of outfits and fabric purchasing was made and even a shock confession that someone doesn’t like Liberty prints (oh the scandal! ha not really, love that everyone has their own style).

Despite being utterly exhausted it was sad to leave everyone at the train station as we made our way home, and seriously cannot wait for the next time we can get together to talk, plan and share our love of sewing.

You can see more photos of the day on the Measure Twice Cut Once Flickr if you use any of the photos if you can add a link to the blog in your credits that would be ace! Thanks.

With thanks to Alex from When All you Need is for the fab logo and for getting a photo of my Pink Cherry Dress!

SSBM_5

24 Comment

1. It was great to meet everyone and very nice chatting with you too 🙂

1. Susan Goodwin says:

It was lovely to meet you and see your gorgeous dress, am sure the pattern for that one is going to be a hit!

2. Alex says:

The pink cherry dress rocks! Was great to meet you and look forward to the next installment… I wonder who made that shock confession! Shall their identity ever be protected should the wrath of sewists worldwide fall upon her 🙂

1. Susan Goodwin says:

aww thank you, as for the confessor is there some kind of sewing witness protection program?

1. Alex says:

Yes, I can see it now “The Liberty Fabric Dissenter” program. Sounds like a lonely place to be!

1. Susan Goodwin says:

perhaps we can populate it with 1960’s op art fabric lovers so it’s less lonely?

3. Great pics, love the one of betty, amy and i behind the fabric rolls – would love to use it on my blog when i post my make from the fabric with credit to you. Thanks for snapping some great pics!

1. Susan Goodwin says:

Thank you, I was stalking people for photos while they weren’t watching. Please use it on your blog, just add a link for credit.
      Can’t wait to see what you make with the fabric it’s really cool!

4. Kirsty says:

Looks like a great time was had! Count me in for next time.

1. Susan Goodwin says:

yay! be great to see you at the next one and there will be a next one because that was far too fun not to do again.

5. Velosewer says:

I liked your Cherry dress too.

1. Susan Goodwin says:

Thank you! I was so glad that it mostly worked out.I’m even considering making a few more changes and maybe cutting it out in some Liberty?

6. Catherine says:

It was such a great day! i must remember to take more photos next time though!
    That dress of yours is so excellent! I love the cherry print

1. Susan Goodwin says:

It was fun wasn’t it? Am so glad you liked the cherries! I was feeling a little loud because of my print but then again am always wearing something bright.

7. Melanie says:

I have NO SHOES ON IN TESSUTI and it’s been caught on camera…sheesh, not my finest moment. It was a great weekend…so nice to meet you finally.

1. Susan Goodwin says:

I did debate if I should include that photo but really it’s too good not to. It was super hot in there it really was the only logical thing to do.

Awesome to meet you too, meetups are amazing!

8. Gail says:

Thank you for organising. I’m so glad to be part of the sewcial
    scene!

1. Susan Goodwin says:

Hi Gail, It’s great isn’t it? So glad to have you as part of the sewcial scene too!

9. CherryPix says:

I am soooo going to make the next Sydney Social….sorry I couldn’t make this one!

1. Susan Goodwin says:

Did you know there is now a facebook group for future meetups? I think it’s going to be a great way to organise it all. So exciting!

10. Chuleenan says:

How fun! Nice to see how other sewcialists are getting together in other parts of the world.

1. Susan Goodwin says:

It is so lovely! Hopefully some day we can welcome in sewers who are visiting Sydney or new to the country?

11. Christie says:

Hi there,

I was wondering if you know of a swimwear sewist that can does orders?
    Thanks so much
    Christie

1. Susan Goodwin says:

Hi Christie, drop me an email and we can sort out what it is you need?

Comments are closed.