Mini Obsession – aprons

aprons

For awhile we have been making our own bread. It’s a wonderfully satisfying thing to learn and you get the added bonuses of a house that smells like freshly baked bread and freshly baked bread to eat!

The only downside is that whatever clothes you are wearing on baking days get streaks of flour over them (no matter how careful I am I always end up with some on me).

So I’m thinking about aprons. I have an amazing Japanese pattern book all on aprons that I am thinking I will use for some industrial/workwear inspired ones but part of me wants some super girly ones with ric rac braid and ruffles! Plus I think they will be an amazing stash buster!

Do you have aprons? Do you find them useful?

Red Apron via Kanso Japanese Aprons black and white book – Japanese pattern book on aprons (I got my copy in Japan) Halter neck apron Pattern via  Sugar Pie Chic on etsy  Vintage Pattern image via Dragon Poodle

10 Comment

1. Stephanie says:

I actually do use aprons when I am cooking. Should make myself some, never thought of it. Must make some pretty ones, mine are quite boring.

1. Susan Goodwin says:

I think I would find it useful as I can be somewhat of a klutz, so an apron may save my clothes.

2. Gabrielle says:

The Japanese and industrial looks really appeal to me… But I’m sure the frilly variety would be good stash busters!

1. Susan Goodwin says:

I found a few weights of denim in the stash as well as some cool rivets and leather so I think an industrial Japanese style apron may be on the cards too!

3. Lisette says:

Aprons are great! I made and frequently wear this one: http://vintageorbust.blogspot.com/2010/05/big-fat-whopping-post.html
    However, the frilly ones take a lot longer to make because of all the detail. And if I were to make another one, I might choose oilcloth so I’d have one for washing dishes and cooking bacon. We eat a lot of bacon lol, so there’s lots of bacon grease!

1. Susan Goodwin says:

but the frills are so cute! think i might make some plain and some frilly ones just to even it out?

4. Kirsty says:

I just love that red one!

1. Susan Goodwin says:

it is such a fab colour and shape isn’t it?

5. MaciNic says:

I love throwing an apron on – I need to have a high & long one that wraps right around my back though as I have a horrid habit of wiping floury hands on my hips & butt! I also find a cross over back stops the straps from slipping off my shoulders – & I use snaps to hold it on – oh, and a pocket is essential for my watch/rings etc! 😉 Cotton drill & no frills for ease of washing here!

1. Susan Goodwin says:

oohh wrap around now that could be very cool indeed! hmm will need to think some more before embarking on my apron making adventures.

Comments are closed.